Welcome to the first blog post of The Shabby Sisters. Who is The Shabby Sister I hear you ask? Well I am a wife to one and a mother to two and surrounded by the three loves of my life!
How did I get here on this blog page? I am not really sure. It is something I have wanted to do for so long, but have been terrified. Exactly what I am terrified of, I am not sure, but the things we fear the most are the things we should do right? So here I am.
What is this blog about? A little bit of this and a little bit of that, but mostly about style; yours and mine.
There are so many style blogs and Instagram feeds out there which I adore and devour, but the reality for me is my monthly style budget has a one at the beginning and two zeros at the end (on a good month), so I need to shop and style smart.
So follow me as we find and style budget friendly looks from the playground to the boardroom one outfit at a time!
A couple of random facts about me:
- When I am not tapping out posts on the page, you can find me here www.shabbysisters.com.au my other great love.
- I just hit the big 40 and loved every minute of it. I might do it again next year.
- My day starts with a strong cup of tea, followed by an espresso chaser!
- I want to be friends with Carole from the Real Housewives of New York City.
- I love a fringe but despise the maintenance it requires.
- I get distracted easily!
- I enjoy running. Well not the running part, but the part at the end when you can sit down and tell everyone you ‘just went for a run’.
- After living in the UK for a couple of years, I bought home some excess baggage in the form of a husband who is a little bit Welsh, a little bit Irish, a little bit Spanish and a whole lot English.
Just one last thing; if you are a stickler for spelling and grammar, this blog may not be for you. I am a notoriously bad speller, however I promise you I will try my best. I will check, double check, triple check, auto check, husband check and friend check, but it doesn’t mean it will be correct.